What Can I Expect During My First Visit?
Going to the Chiropractor may be a new experience for you. Chiropractic treatment is a natural and noninvasive way to return to a healthy and productive Lifestyle.
Chiropractic care is based on the idea of removing imbalances both structural, and postural in an effort to allow our body to heal itself.
For this to happen the network of nerves and signals from your brain, down your spinal cord, to the network of nerves must be allowed to flow freely without any interruption. Chiropractors have the ability and skill to remove these interruptions or misalignments and allow the body to perform as it was meant to.
As with any doctor’s visit, you’ll start by finishing some new patient paperwork. Upon meeting with the doctor, you’ll discuss your concerns and expectations as well as have the chance to ask any questions you may have. We will perform a physical examination and most likely take a few x-rays to see what your current state is.
We may take X-rays as part of their diagnostic process to assess a your condition and develop an appropriate treatment plan. Here are a few reasons why we might use X-rays:
- Evaluation of structural abnormalities: X-rays can help us evaluate the alignment and structure of the spine, joints, and bones. We can identify any misalignments, fractures, degenerative changes, or other abnormalities that may be contributing to a your symptoms.
- Rule out serious conditions: X-rays can help us rule out serious conditions or underlying issues that may require immediate medical attention. By examining the X-ray images, we can determine if you have conditions like tumors, infections, fractures, or other pathology that may not be suitable for chiropractic treatment.
- Individualized treatment planning: X-rays provide us with detailed information about your skeletal structure. This helps us design personalized treatment plans that target specific areas of concern. By visualizing the spine or joints on an X-ray, we can determine the appropriate adjustments or manipulations needed to alleviate pain or improve mobility.
- Monitoring progress: X-rays can also be useful for tracking a your progress over time. By comparing initial X-ray findings with follow-up images, we can objectively assess changes in the alignment and structure of the spine or joints. This information helps us determine the effectiveness of the treatment and make any necessary adjustments to the ongoing care plan.
It’s worth noting that not all chiropractors routinely use X-rays, and the decision to take X-rays depends on the individual patient’s needs, clinical judgment, and the regulations or guidelines in their jurisdiction. Chiropractors prioritize patient safety and may only use X-rays when they believe the benefits outweigh any potential risks.
Once this is complete, we’ll take a look at the overall results of our conversation and the exams. Together, we’ll come up with a plan of action which will begin when you are completely satisfied and ready to move forward.
PREFERRED INSURANCE PROVIDER FOR:
- MEDICAID/APPLE HEALTH (ONLY COVERD FOR MINORS UNDER 18 YEARS OLD)
- AMERICAN SPECIALTY HEALTH
- AMBETTER (COORDINATED CARE MARKETPLACE PLANS ONLY)
- UNITED HEALTHCARE
- KAISER PPO & HMO PLANS
- CARPENTERS TRUST
- FIRST CHOICE
- PERSONAL INJURY PROTECTION (AUTO ACCIDENTS)
- MEDICAL LIENS/THIRD PARTY
- LABOR & INDUSTRIES (WORKER’S COMP)
- BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD
- LABOR & INDUSTRIES SELF INSURED (SEDGEWICK CCMSI, ETC)
- VETERNS ADMINISTRATION (WITH REFERRAL)
- WA TEAMPSTERS
- OPTUM CARE
- PREMERA MEDICARE ADVANTAGE (WITH REFERRAL)
- HEALTH NET HEALTH PLAN
- TRICARE COMMUNITY CARE NETWORK (WITH REFERRAL)
Flexible payment plans or programs can be arranged for patients who have little or no chiropractic insurance coverage. We offer a time of service discount for those not using health insurance.
1st exam and x-rays (if needed): $150
1st adjustment: $65
Subsequent adjustments: $55
Massage: $75/50 mins
Laser: $20-$40 per treatment
Spinal Decompression: $35-$65 per treatment
Please call for additional rates